Adjust offers a variety of Adjustable Attribution Settings on a per-app basis, allowing you to customize both your attribution windows and attribution delay settings based on your specific needs.
To access your app’s customizable attribution settings, simply navigate to your app’s Settings Panel and select the Attribution Settings tab. In this tab, you are able to configure a variety of attribution window settings as well as your SDK delay settings.
Note that certain settings are available only for specific pricing plans. You can find more information in your account’s Pricing Packages.
1Attribution Window Settings
To adjust an app’s attribution windows, perform the following actions:
- Go to your app’s Settings panel
- Click the Attribution Settings tab
- Click on the Attribution Window Settings tab
Here you are able to modify settings for your click-based or impression-based attribution and reattribution windows on a per-app basis.
Your newly defined window will take effect once you have saved your settings.
To avoid discrepancies, we recommend make sure your attribution and reattribution windows are coordinated across all platforms and partners you may be working with.
In your Reattribution Settings tab, you are able to turn on click or impression-based reattribution, as well as set the definitions for:
- Your inactive user window, which will specify how long a user must be inactive before they can be specified as reattributed, and
- Your attribution window, which will determine the maximum amount of time reattributions can be matched to clicks or impressions carrying a device ID.
For best practices and a full explanation of reattribution, we recommend you read our Retargeting Guide.
1.2View-through attribution settings
In your View-through Attribution Settings tab, you are able to:
- Activate the view-through attributions activation toggle, which will enable impression tracking for your app, and
- define your view-through attribution window, which sets the maximum window of time that a user’s install can be attributed to an impression.
For best practices and a thorough explanation of view-through attribution, we recommend you read our Impression Tracking Guide.
1.3Click-based attribution settings
Adjust offers different types of matching types for click-based attribution. In your Click-based Attribution Settings tab, you are able to set the definitions for:
- Device ID and Google Playstore Referrer matching, which will determine the maximum amount of time installs can be matched via these device identifiers, and
- Fingerprinting, determine the maximum amount of time installs can be matched to clicks via fingerprint.
In some cases, modifying your SDK attribution delay will result in reporting discrepancies. This will be reflected by small misalignments between your SDK data and your callback and dashboard data. You can read more here.
Substantially shortening your SDK attribution delay may cause your SDK to miss outlying attributions whose referrers are not received during your adjusted delay window. These late attributions will still be reflected in your callbacks and dashboard. This is because Adjust still wait for and subsequently attribute all reftag-based clicks regardless of how the length you set your SDK attribution delay.
If you would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.