Adroll is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Adroll module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Adroll with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Adroll panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Adroll.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Adroll panel to send in-app events to Adroll.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- Create a tracker for Adroll, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Adroll.
1Activating the Adroll module
All settings related to Adroll can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Adroll.
To activate the integration, enter your Adroll Advertisable ID and Pixel ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your Adroll dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install, reattribution and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Adroll.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to Adroll
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Adroll. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Adroll panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to Adroll. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to Adroll with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Adroll interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Adroll, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Adroll
Adroll require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- IP addresses
- Raw device IDs
- App metadata
- OS name and versions
- Device model
- Full tracker names
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
2Creating tracker URLs for Adroll
Adroll requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Adroll traffic correctly, and for Adroll to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Adroll:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Adroll". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Adroll" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Adroll ads.
Your URL should look something like:
You can use Campaign Structure parameters to pass through publisher IDs, using the Adroll macros
[ADROLL: AD_EID] and
[ADROLL: AD_GROUP_EID] for creative or adgroup IDs, respectively, for example as the
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.
3Sending partner parameters to Adroll
Adroll allows you to send any kind of partner parameters. Any partner parameters that you send in the SDK will be forwarded to Adroll, and incorporated into their analysis.