Affilinet is a special network partner.
Special partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Affilinet module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Affilinet with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Affilinet panel in your dashboard.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Affilinet panel to send in-app events to Affilinet.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- Create a tracker for Affilinet, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Affilinet.
1Activating the Affilinet module
All settings related to Affilinet can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Affilinet.
To activate the integration, enter your Program ID, Install Rate Number (which is mandatory for all installs) and Reattribution Rate Number (which is mandatory for all reattributions) within this panel. You can find the required values in your Affilinet dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install, reattribution and (when activated) event callbacks to Affilinet.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to Affilinet
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Affilinet. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Affilinet panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to Affilinet. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to Affilinet with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Affilinet interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Affilinet, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
Note that to successfully link events, Affilinet also requires you to input values in the Rate Number and Mode fields.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Affilinet
Affilinet require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Hashed device IDs
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- IP addresses
- Raw device IDs
- User agents
- Full tracker names
2Creating tracker URLs for Affilinet
Affilinet requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Affilinet traffic correctly, and for Affilinet to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Affilinet:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Affilinet". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Affilinet" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
iOS & Android:
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Affilinet ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.
3Sending partner parameters to Affilinet
Affilinet allows you to send a set of predefined parameters. If you attach any of these parameters to an event in your adjust SDK, these will be forwarded to Affilinet. You can find out more about attaching partner parameters in the SDK readme specific to the SDK or SDKs you are working with. Below is a list of the defined parameters that Affilinet accepts:
|affilinet_price||net price of purchase; used for calculating affilinet publisher commission (decimal)|
|affmn||affilinet creativeID (integer)|
|affmt||affilinet creative type (enumeration)|
|basket||Basket Parameters for affilinet Basket Tracking (URL-encoded string of a chain of basket parameters; please ask your affilinet account manager for details)|
|curr||Currency applied to affilinet_price or adjust revenue (ISO 4217)|
|leadtype||affilinet rate number for event (integer)|
|mode||affilinet order mode (enumeration (ppl or pps) for event)|
|odesc||overwrites affilinet rate naming (string up to 50 characters))|
|order||unique order ID (string up to 40 characters)|
|productids||Product IDs of purchased products if affilinet basket tracking is not used (comma-delimited list))|
|psub1 / psub2||statistical information for usage in affilinet exports (string up to 40 characters)|
|ref||affilinet PublisherID (string)|
|site||affilinet ProgramID (integer)|
|vcode||Voucher code used for the event (string up to 80 characters)|
For more info on how to use the Affilinet partner parameters, please refer to your Affilinet contacts.