Amplitude is an analytics platform.
Special partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Amplitude module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Amplitude with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Amplitude panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Amplitude.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Amplitude panel to send in-app events to Amplitude.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Amplitude.
1Activating the Amplitude module
All settings related to Amplitude can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Amplitude.
To activate the integration, enter your Amplitude key within this panel. You can find the required values in your Amplitude dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install, reattribution, uninstall, reinstall and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Amplitude.
1.1Forwarding events to Amplitude
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Amplitude. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Amplitude panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to Amplitude. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to Amplitude with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Amplitude interface.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Amplitude
Amplitude require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Full tracker names
- Raw device IDs
- Partial tracker names
- OS name and versions
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- App metadata
- Amazon Fire advertising ID