Appier is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Appier module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Appier with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by flicking a switch in the Appier panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Appier.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Appier panel to send in-app events to Appier.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- Create a tracker for Appier, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Appier.
1Activating the Appier module
All settings related to Appier can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Appier.
You can activate the Appier module simply by flicking the switch in your adjust dashboard. Appier will identify your app based on the bundle ID or store app ID that you've entered for your app.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install, reattribution and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Appier.
If you would like to send attributed-only traffic to Appier, toggle the relevant switch – note that this toggle applies to all activities sent to Appier.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to Appier
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Appier. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Appier panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to Appier. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to Appier with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Appier interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Appier, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Appier
Appier require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- App metadata
- Raw device IDs
- IP addresses
- Internet Service Provider
- Event names
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- OS name and versions
- Rejection Reason
- All partner parameters (if you activate them)
- SDK version
- App download completion timestamp
- App download began timestamp
- User landed on app Play Store page timestamp
- Attribution method
- Connection type
- User agents
- Device model
2Creating tracker URLs for Appier
Appier requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Appier traffic correctly, and for Appier to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Appier:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Appier". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Appier" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Appier ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.
3Sending partner parameters to Appier
Appier allows you to send any kind of partner parameters. Any partner parameters that you send in the SDK will be forwarded to Appier, and incorporated into their analysis.