Criteo is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Criteo module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Criteo with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Criteo panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Criteo.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Criteo panel to send in-app events to Criteo.
- Create a tracker for Criteo, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Criteo.
1Activating the Criteo module
All settings related to Criteo can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Criteo.
To activate the integration, enter your Criteo client ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your Criteo dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install, reattribution, (when activated) event and reinstall and session callbacks to Criteo.
If you would like to send attributed-only traffic to Criteo, toggle the relevant switch – note that this toggle applies to all activities sent to Criteo.
2Integrating the Criteo SDK plugin
Criteo uses sophisticated analytics on more than just a users' purchases, looking at shopping cart events and the contents of their shortlists as well as the true conversion points themselves. To fully use the Criteo's retargeting capabilities, we provide an additional setup in order to allow your app to correctly format and transmit the events and additional parameters captured by the adjust SDK to Criteo.
You can find the Criteo plugin in the Github SDK repository in the "plugin" folder, as well as a full readme here.
Once you have integrated the Criteo plugin into the adjust SDK, you can manage the data transmission from within your dashboard, configuring it at will and controlling the data that is being transmitted.
If you plan to run Criteo campaigns, this will greatly increase the quality of the data transmitted to Criteo. Note that if your campaign will include events, then you must use the Criteo SDK plugin – the only time the plugin is not required is if you are transmitting only installs, sessions or static events.
2.1Forwarding events & revenue to Criteo
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Criteo. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Criteo panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and choose a label from the dropdown list for each event you want to transmit to Criteo. This is the label that will be shown in their interface. You also have the option use the same label for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Criteo interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Criteo, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
2.2List of parameters transmitted to Criteo
Criteo require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Raw device IDs
- All partner parameters (if you activate them)
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
3Creating tracker URLs for Criteo
Criteo requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Criteo traffic correctly, and for Criteo to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Criteo:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Criteo". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Criteo" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Criteo ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.