CrossInstall is a special network partner.
Special partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the CrossInstall module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate CrossInstall with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by flicking a switch in the CrossInstall panel in your dashboard.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your CrossInstall panel to send in-app events to CrossInstall.
- Create a tracker for CrossInstall and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to CrossInstall.
1Activating the CrossInstall module
All settings related to CrossInstall can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > CrossInstall.
You can activate the CrossInstall module simply by flicking the switch in your adjust dashboard. CrossInstall will identify your app based on the bundle ID or store app ID that you've entered for your app.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install and (when activated) event callbacks to CrossInstall.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to CrossInstall
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to CrossInstall. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the CrossInstall panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to CrossInstall. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to CrossInstall with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the CrossInstall interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to CrossInstall, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to CrossInstall
CrossInstall require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- App metadata
- Raw device IDs
- Impression Based flag
- Rejection Reason
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- Hashed device IDs
2Creating tracker URLs for CrossInstall
CrossInstall uses standard tracker URLs. You can simply create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, and then use the tracker URL directly as the destination of your ads with CrossInstall.
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.