FreakOut for DynamicAds is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the FreakOut for DynamicAds module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate FreakOut for DynamicAds with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the FreakOut for DynamicAds panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to FreakOut for DynamicAds.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your FreakOut for DynamicAds panel to send in-app events to FreakOut for DynamicAds.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- Create a tracker for FreakOut for DynamicAds, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to FreakOut for DynamicAds.
1Activating the FreakOut for DynamicAds module
All settings related to FreakOut for DynamicAds can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > FreakOut for DynamicAds.
To activate the integration, enter your DMP App ID and User ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your FreakOut for DynamicAds dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending (when activated) event and session callbacks to FreakOut for DynamicAds.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to FreakOut for DynamicAds
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to FreakOut for DynamicAds. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the FreakOut for DynamicAds panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and choose a label from the dropdown list for each event you want to transmit to FreakOut for DynamicAds. This is the label that will be shown in their interface. You also have the option use the same label for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the FreakOut for DynamicAds interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to FreakOut for DynamicAds, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to FreakOut for DynamicAds
FreakOut for DynamicAds require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Raw device IDs
- Event names
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
2Creating tracker URLs for FreakOut for DynamicAds
FreakOut for DynamicAds requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your FreakOut for DynamicAds traffic correctly, and for FreakOut for DynamicAds to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for FreakOut for DynamicAds:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "FreakOut for DynamicAds". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "FreakOut for DynamicAds" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
?idfa=[% IDFA %]
?gps_adid=[% ANDROID_AD_ID %]
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any FreakOut for DynamicAds ads.
Your URL should look something like:
https://app.adjust.com/f0ob4r?idfa=[% IDFA %]
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.
3Sending partner parameters to FreakOut for DynamicAds
FreakOut for DynamicAds allows you to send any kind of partner parameters. Any partner parameters that you send in the SDK will be forwarded to FreakOut for DynamicAds, and incorporated into their analysis.