ibotta is a special network partner.
Special partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the ibotta module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate ibotta with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the ibotta panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to ibotta.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your ibotta panel to send in-app events to ibotta.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- Create a tracker for ibotta, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to ibotta.
1Activating the ibotta module
All settings related to ibotta can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > ibotta.
To activate the integration, enter your Partner ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your ibotta dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install and (when activated) event and session callbacks to ibotta.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to ibotta
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to ibotta. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the ibotta panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to ibotta. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to ibotta with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the ibotta interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to ibotta, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to ibotta
ibotta require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- App metadata
- Impression Based flag
- Organic flag
- Hashed device IDs
- Raw device IDs
- Attribution method
- Adjust reference tag
- User agents
- IP addresses
- Activity Kind
- Time between engagement and install or reattribution in seconds
- Connection type
- Internet Service Provider
- Postal Code
- Device model
- OS name and versions
- OS version
- SDK version
- Random number
- Random user ID
- SDK Environment
- Tracking Enabled flag
- Tracking Limited flag
- Time spent
- App lifetime session count
- Deep link data
- All partner parameters (if you activate them)
- Full tracker names
- Partial tracker names
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
2Creating tracker URLs for ibotta
ibotta requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your ibotta traffic correctly, and for ibotta to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for ibotta:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "ibotta". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "ibotta" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
iOS & Android:
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any ibotta ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.
3Sending partner parameters to ibotta
ibotta allows you to send a set of predefined parameters. If you attach any of these parameters to an event in your adjust SDK, these will be forwarded to ibotta. You can find out more about attaching partner parameters in the SDK readme specific to the SDK or SDKs you are working with. Below is a list of the defined parameters that ibotta accepts:
|productId||The ID for the product visited or purchased by the user. Required for "View", "AddToCart", "Purchase", and any other events involved in retail apps. Event tracking for non-retail applications may require a different unique ID.|