KARTE is an analytics platform.
Special partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the KARTE module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate KARTE with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the KARTE panel in your dashboard.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your KARTE panel to send in-app events to KARTE.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to KARTE.
1Activating the KARTE module
All settings related to KARTE can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > KARTE.
To activate the integration, enter your API KEY within this panel. You can find the required values in your KARTE dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install, reattribution, uninstall, reinstall and (when activated) event callbacks to KARTE.
1.1Forwarding events to KARTE
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to KARTE. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the KARTE panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to KARTE. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to KARTE with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the KARTE interface.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to KARTE
KARTE require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- App metadata
- Impression Based flag
- Organic flag
- Rejection Reason
- Activity Kind
- Timestamp of the attributed impression
- Time between engagement and install or reattribution in seconds
- App download completion timestamp
- App download began timestamp
- User landed on app Play Store page timestamp
- Session metadata
- Connection type
- Click-based attribution window (hours)
- Impression/View through attribution window (hours)
- Inactive user definition for reattribution (hours)
- Hashed device IDs
- Raw device IDs
- Amazon Fire advertising ID
- Attribution method
- Adjust reference tag
- User agents
- IP addresses
- Internet Service Provider
- Country subdivision
- Postal Code
- Device model
- OS name and versions
- SDK version
- Random number
- Random user ID
- SDK Environment
- Tracking Enabled flag
- Tracking Limited flag
- Time spent
- App lifetime session count
- Deep link data
- All partner parameters (if you activate them)
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- Ad Spend (Cost) data
- Full tracker names
- Partial tracker names
2Sending partner parameters to KARTE
KARTE allows you to send any kind of partner parameters. Any partner parameters that you send in the SDK will be forwarded to KARTE, and incorporated into their analysis.