mediasmart is a special network partner.
Special partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the mediasmart module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate mediasmart with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the mediasmart panel in your dashboard.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your mediasmart panel to send in-app events to mediasmart.
- Create a tracker for mediasmart, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to mediasmart.
1Activating the mediasmart module
All settings related to mediasmart can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > mediasmart.
To activate the integration, enter your Event ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your mediasmart dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install and (when activated) event callbacks to mediasmart.
1.1Forwarding events to mediasmart
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to mediasmart. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the mediasmart panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and choose a label from the dropdown list for each event you want to transmit to mediasmart. This is the label that will be shown in their interface. You also have the option use the same label for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the mediasmart interface.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
Please select custom events via dropdown menu from Event_NUM_2, Event_NUM_3, Event_NUM_4 and Event_NUM_5. You can find relevant information from MediaSmart website.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to mediasmart
mediasmart require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Raw device IDs
- User agents
- IP addresses
- Tracking Limited flag
2Creating tracker URLs for mediasmart
mediasmart requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your mediasmart traffic correctly, and for mediasmart to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for mediasmart:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "mediasmart". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "mediasmart" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
iOS & Android:
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any mediasmart ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.