Mediamath is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Mediamath module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Mediamath with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Mediamath panel in your dashboard.
- Enter the Session Pixel ID and toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Mediamath.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Mediamath panel to send in-app events to Mediamath.
- Create a tracker for Mediamath, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Mediamath.
1Activating the Mediamath module
All settings related to Mediamath can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Mediamath.
To activate the integration, enter your Advertiser ID, Install Pixel ID and Session Pixel ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your Mediamath dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Mediamath.
Please note that at least one Pixel ID needs to be entered for the module to work.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to Mediamath
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Mediamath. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Mediamath panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to Mediamath. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to Mediamath with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Mediamath interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Mediamath, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Mediamath
Mediamath require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Raw device IDs
- OS name and versions
- Device model
- Internet Service Provider
- Organic flag
- Click label
- Attribution method
- IP addresses
- Postal Code
- Time spent
- App lifetime session count
- Deep link data
- Impression Based flag
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
2Creating tracker URLs for Mediamath
Mediamath requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Mediamath traffic correctly, and for Mediamath to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Mediamath:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Mediamath". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Mediamath" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Mediamath ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.