SmallData is a special network partner.
Special partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the SmallData module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate SmallData with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by flicking a switch in the SmallData panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to SmallData.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your SmallData panel to send in-app events to SmallData.
- Create a tracker for SmallData, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to SmallData.
1Activating the SmallData module
All settings related to SmallData can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > SmallData.
You can activate the SmallData module simply by flicking the switch in your adjust dashboard. SmallData will identify your app based on the bundle ID or store app ID that you've entered for your app.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending click, install, reattribution, uninstall, reinstall, reattribution-reinstall and (when activated) event and session callbacks to SmallData.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to SmallData
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to SmallData. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the SmallData panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to SmallData. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to SmallData with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the SmallData interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to SmallData, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to SmallData
SmallData require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- App metadata
- Impression Based flag
- Organic flag
- Rejection Reason
- Activity Kind
- Timestamps (rounded to the nearest hour)
- Timestamp of the attributed impression
- Time between engagement and install or reattribution in seconds
- App download completion timestamp
- App download began timestamp
- User landed on app Play Store page timestamp
- Session metadata
- Connection type
- Click-based attribution window (hours)
- Impression/View through attribution window (hours)
- Reattribution attribution window (hours)
- Inactive user definition for reattribution (hours)
- Hashed device IDs
- Raw device IDs
- Amazon Fire advertising ID
- Attribution method
- Adjust reference tag
- User agents
- Mobile country code
- Mobile network code
- IP addresses
- Internet Service Provider
- Country subdivision
- Postal Code
- Device model
- OS name and versions
- SDK version
- Random number
- Random user ID
- SDK Environment
- Tracking Enabled flag
- Tracking Limited flag
- Time spent
- App lifetime session count
- Reattribution flag
- Deep link data
- All partner parameters (if you activate them)
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- Ad Spend (Cost) data
- Google click IDs
- Google Adwords campaign IDs and names
- Google Organic Search term
2Creating tracker URLs for SmallData
SmallData requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your SmallData traffic correctly, and for SmallData to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for SmallData:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "SmallData". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "SmallData" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any SmallData ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.