Tapjoy is a special network partner.
Special partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Tapjoy module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Tapjoy with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Tapjoy panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Tapjoy.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Tapjoy panel to send in-app events to Tapjoy.
- Create a tracker for Tapjoy, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Tapjoy.
1Activating the Tapjoy module
All settings related to Tapjoy can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Tapjoy.
To activate the integration, enter your Tapjoy app ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your Tapjoy dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Tapjoy.
If you would like to send attributed-only traffic to Tapjoy, toggle the relevant switch – note that this toggle applies to all activities sent to Tapjoy.
Please note that Tapjoy App ID and Engagement IDs for event names must have the following format:
- 8 characters followed by a dash followed by three sets of 4 characters delimited by a dash, followed by the final 12 characters.
- All characters must be in hexadecimal.
An example value would look like: c8196876-64ef-4fab-bed6-c9306fe35b05
Additionally, please be aware of that Adjust will not fire any callbacks to Tapjoy when the IDFA is empty, which mainly refers to IOS LAT users where IDFA are all zeros.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to Tapjoy
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Tapjoy. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Tapjoy panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter the Engagement ID and Goal Based Bidding for each event you want to transmit to Tapjoy. You also have the option use the same token for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Tapjoy interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Tapjoy, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Tapjoy
Tapjoy require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Hashed device IDs
- IP addresses
- Raw device IDs
- Activity Kind
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- Device model
- User agents
- OS name and versions
- App metadata
2Creating tracker URLs for Tapjoy
Tapjoy requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Tapjoy traffic correctly, and for Tapjoy to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Tapjoy:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Tapjoy". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Tapjoy" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Tapjoy ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.