Unity Ads is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Unity Ads module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Unity Ads with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Unity Ads panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Unity Ads.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Unity Ads panel to send in-app events to Unity Ads.
- Create a tracker for Unity Ads, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Unity Ads.
1Activating the Unity Ads module
All settings related to Unity Ads can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Unity Ads.
To activate the integration, enter your Unity Ads Game ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your Unity Ads dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Unity Ads.
If you would like to send attributed-only traffic to Unity Ads, toggle the relevant switch – note that this toggle applies to all activities sent to Unity Ads.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to Unity Ads
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Unity Ads. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Unity Ads panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name or choose a label from the dropdown menu for each event you want to transmit to Unity Ads. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust. You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Unity Ads interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Unity Ads, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
Please be aware that Adjust will fire neither session nor event callbacks when the IDFA is empty due to lack of support at
Unity Ads platform. This mainly refers to IOS LAT users where IDFA are all zeros.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Unity Ads
Unity Ads require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Raw device IDs
- Hashed device IDs
- Organic flag
- User agents
- Tracking Enabled flag
- Device model
- OS name and versions
- OS version
- Impression Based flag
- Rejection Reason
- Attribution method
- Connection type
- IP addresses
- App metadata
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
2Creating tracker URLs for Unity Ads
Unity Ads requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Unity Ads traffic correctly, and for Unity Ads to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Unity Ads:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Unity Ads". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Unity Ads" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Unity Ads ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.