Awin is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Awin module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Awin with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Awin panel in your dashboard.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Awin panel to send in-app events to Awin.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- Create a tracker for Awin, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Awin.
1Activating the Awin module
All settings related to Awin can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Awin.
To activate the integration, enter your install CID within this panel. You can find the required values in your Awin dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install and (when activated) event callbacks to Awin.
When you activate the Awin module, Awin will only receives attributed traffic and it is desired behaviour. Moreover, Awin requires for most of the campaigns Deeplink Reattribution feature implemented in your SDK to properly reattribute users. Please read through the SDK readme for detailed instructions on how to set this up within your app.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to Awin
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Awin. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Awin panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to Awin. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to Awin with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Awin interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Awin, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
Enter a label for each event you want to transmit to Awin. In order to display non revenue event in Awin interface, attach
commission_group key with corresponding value within partner parameters first. This is mandatory if you want to measure dedicated events (different than install / purchase) on Awin platform.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Awin
Awin require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- OS name and versions
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- All partner parameters (if you activate them)
- Hashed device IDs
2Creating tracker URLs for Awin
Awin requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Awin traffic correctly, and for Awin to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Awin:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Awin". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Awin" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
iOS & Android:
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Awin ads.
Your URL should look something like:
N.B.: You must replaced the
SET_ME placeholder above with your Zanox program code. Please confirm this value with your contacts at Awin.
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.
3Sending partner parameters to Awin
Awin allows you to send a set of predefined parameters. If you attach any of these parameters to an event in your adjust SDK, these will be forwarded to Awin. You can find out more about attaching partner parameters in the SDK readme specific to the SDK or SDKs you are working with. Below is a list of the defined parameters that Awin accepts:
|orderId (awin platform)||order iD (mandatory)|
|cg (awin platform)||commision group breakdown (mandatory)|
|cv (awin platform)||voucher code|
|review_note (awin platform)||custom parameter 1|
|session_id (awin platform)||custom parameter 2|
|visiterID (awin platform)||custim parameter 3|
|custom5 (awin platform)||custom parameter 5|
|custom[6.29] (awin platform)||custom parameter [6,29]|
|visitorID (zanox platform)||customer ID (mandatory)|
|orderId (zanox platform)||order ID (mandatory)|
|commission_group (zanox platform)||commission group (mandatory)|
|review_note (zanox platform)||review notes|
|session_id (zanox platform)||session IDs|
Please attach mandatory parameters to revenue event in your adjust SDK in order to correctly measure this event on Awin platform.