Cognant is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Cognant module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Cognant with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Cognant panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Cognant.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Cognant panel to send in-app events to Cognant.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- Create a tracker for Cognant, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Cognant.
1Activating the Cognant module
All settings related to Cognant can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Cognant.
To activate the integration, enter your MZ Code within this panel. You can find the required values in your Cognant dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending click, install, reattribution and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Cognant.
When you activate the module, you will be able to choose which endpoint you want the callbacks to be sent to. You can enable the toggles for “Staging Endpoint Only” and “Production Endpoint Only”. You are able to have one or both of the endpoint toggles enabled. Please remember that if both toggles ARE OFF, NO CALLBACKS will be sent.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to Cognant
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Cognant. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Cognant panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to Cognant. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to Cognant with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Cognant interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Cognant, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Cognant
Cognant require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Random number
- App metadata
- Hashed device IDs
- Device model
- User agents
- Raw device IDs
- Attribution method
- Impression Based flag
- IP addresses
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- Random user ID
- Internet Service Provider
- Connection type
- OS name and versions
- Country subdivision
- Google Organic Search term
- All custom parameters (if you activate them)
- Tracking Limited flag
- All partner parameters (if you activate them)
- Activity Kind
- OS version
- Click referrer
- Timestamps (rounded to the nearest hour)
- SDK Environment
- Session metadata
- Adjust reference tag
- SDK version
- Tracking Enabled flag
- Time between engagement and install or reattribution in seconds
- Deep link data
- Twitter campaign data
- Postal Code
- Google click IDs
- Reattribution attribution window (hours)
- Click-based attribution window (hours)
- Impression/View through attribution window (hours)
- Inactive user definition for reattribution (hours)
- Organic flag
- Time spent
- App lifetime session count
- Click label
- Referrer values
- Google Adwords campaign IDs and names
- Rejection Reason
- Partial tracker names
- Tracker token
- Full tracker names
- Last tracker
- Last tracker name
2Creating tracker URLs for Cognant
Cognant requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Cognant traffic correctly, and for Cognant to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Cognant:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Cognant". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Cognant" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
iOS & Android:
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Cognant ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.
3Sending partner parameters to Cognant
Cognant allows you to send any kind of partner parameters. Any partner parameters that you send in the SDK will be forwarded to Cognant, and incorporated into their analysis.