Herolens is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Herolens module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Herolens with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Herolens panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Herolens.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Herolens panel to send in-app events to Herolens.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- Create a tracker for Herolens, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Herolens.
1Activating the Herolens module
All settings related to Herolens can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Herolens.
To activate the integration, enter your Account ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your Herolens dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install, reattribution and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Herolens.
1.1Forwarding events to Herolens
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Herolens. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Herolens panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name or choose a label from the dropdown menu for each event you want to transmit to Herolens. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust. You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Herolens interface.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Herolens
Herolens require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Raw device IDs
- Partial tracker names
2Creating tracker URLs for Herolens
Herolens requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Herolens traffic correctly, and for Herolens to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Herolens:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Herolens". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Herolens" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
iOS & Android:
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Herolens ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.
3Sending partner parameters to Herolens
Herolens allows you to send a set of predefined parameters. If you attach any of these parameters to an event in your adjust SDK, these will be forwarded to Herolens. You can find out more about attaching partner parameters in the SDK readme specific to the SDK or SDKs you are working with. Below is a list of the defined parameters that Herolens accepts:
|item_id||An ID for the product visited by the user. Required for "visit" and "add to cart" events tracked in retail apps.|
|item_ids||Multiple IDs for user interactions with different items. Required for "checkout" and "purchase" events tracked in retail apps.|
|destinationToId||IATA code of the destination airport/city. Required for all events tracked in travel apps.|