Pinterest is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Pinterest module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Pinterest with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by flicking a switch in the Pinterest panel in your dashboard.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Pinterest panel to send in-app events to Pinterest.
- Update your SDK to send certain partner parameters. This may be mandatory.
- Create a tracker for Pinterest, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Pinterest.
1Activating the Pinterest module
All settings related to Pinterest can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Pinterest.
You can activate the Pinterest module simply by flicking the switch in your adjust dashboard. Pinterest will identify your app based on the bundle ID or store app ID that you've entered for your app.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install and (when activated) event callbacks to Pinterest.
If you want to send attributed-only traffic to Pinterest, toggle the relevant switch – note that this toggle applies to all activities sent to Pinterest.
Please note that Pinterest can run both iOS and Android campaigns. Before enabling your Pinterest module, please reach out to Pinterest so that they can set you up with the relevant campaigns.
1.1Forwarding events & revenue to Pinterest
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Pinterest. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Pinterest panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and choose a label from the dropdown list for each event you want to transmit to Pinterest. This is the label that will be shown in their interface. You also have the option use the same label for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Pinterest interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Pinterest, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Pinterest
Pinterest require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Raw device IDs
- Tracking Enabled flag
- App metadata
- OS name and versions
- Device model
- User agents
- IP addresses
- SDK version
- Internet Service Provider
- Impression Based flag
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- All partner parameters (if you activate them)
2Creating tracker URLs for Pinterest
Pinterest requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Pinterest traffic correctly, and for Pinterest to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Pinterest:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Pinterest". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Pinterest" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Pinterest ads.
Your URL should look something like:
Please note that you must append the above parameters for the campaigns to track correctly
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.
3Sending partner parameters to Pinterest
Pinterest allows you to send a set of predefined parameters. If you attach any of these parameters to an event in your adjust SDK, these will be forwarded to Pinterest. You can find out more about attaching partner parameters in the SDK readme specific to the SDK or SDKs you are working with. Below is a list of the defined parameters that Pinterest accepts:
|value||Value of add to cart or purchase events.|
|currency||Currency used to represent the above value.|
|quantity||Number of items added to cart or purchased.|
|order_id||Order ID of purchase.|
|search_string||Search string or query for search event.|
value, currency and quantity parameters are valid for both add to cart and purchase events. order_id is only valid for purchase events. search_string is the only partner parameter available for search events.