Spotad is a special network partner.
Special partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Spotad module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Spotad with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Spotad panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Spotad.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Spotad panel to send in-app events to Spotad.
- Create a tracker for Spotad, adding certain mandatory parameters, and use this as the destination of your ads.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Spotad.
1Activating the Spotad module
All settings related to Spotad can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Spotad.
To activate the integration, enter your Account ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your Spotad dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending click, install, reattribution and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Spotad.
1.1Forwarding events to Spotad
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Spotad. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Spotad panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to Spotad. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to Spotad with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Spotad interface.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
1.2List of parameters transmitted to Spotad
Spotad require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- Raw device IDs
- Rejection Reason
2Creating tracker URLs for Spotad
Spotad requires certain tracker parameters. These tracker parameters must be appended in order for adjust to attribute your Spotad traffic correctly, and for Spotad to correctly interpret the data being sent back to them from adjust. Follow these steps to set up a tracker URL for Spotad:
- Create a tracker in your adjust dashboard, naming it as you like, e.g. "Spotad". The tracker URL will be created and added to your list of trackers.
- Copy the tracker URL using the "Copy URL" button on the right hand side, as you hover over your "Spotad" tracker.
- In a text editor, paste the URL. Add one of the following strings to the end of the URL, depending on the platform.
- Copy the URL and use it as the destination of any Spotad ads.
Your URL should look something like:
For more details on creating tracker URLs, please check out the tracker generation guide.