Wider Planet is a network partner.
Module partners can use additional and extended data from adjust, and have been integrated with a custom module in adjust's backend. This guide describes how to activate the Wider Planet module, as well as additional set up that may be required or beneficial.
To integrate Wider Planet with adjust, follow these steps:
- Activate the module by adding one or more tokens in the Wider Planet panel in your dashboard.
- Toggle the Session Forwarding switch to ON to start sending session callbacks to Wider Planet.
- Optionally, add event labels to your in-app events in your Wider Planet panel to send in-app events to Wider Planet.
- All set - adjust will transmit the requisite data to Wider Planet.
1Activating the Wider Planet module
All settings related to Wider Planet can be found in your dashboard. Simply open your app settings and follow through to Partner Setup > Add Partners > Wider Planet.
To activate the integration, enter your Wider Planet client ID within this panel. You can find the required values in your Wider Planet dashboard.
Once activated, adjust will automatically start sending install and (when activated) event and session callbacks to Wider Planet.
2Integrating the Wider Planet SDK plugin
Wider Planet uses sophisticated analytics on more than just a user's purchases, looking at shopping cart events and the contents of their shortlists, as well as the true conversion points themselves. To fully use Wider Planet’s retargeting capabilities, we provide an additional step utilizing the Wider Planet plugin in the setup process, in order to allow your app to correctly format and transmit events and additional parameters captured by the Adjust SDK to Wider Planet.
Please contact your Wider Planet representative to procure the Wider Planet plugin.
Once you have integrated the Wider Planet plugin into the Adjust SDK, you can manage what data is transmitted from within your Adjust Dashboard.
If you plan on running Wider Planet campaigns, integrating the Wider Planet plugin will greatly increase the quality of the data transmitted to Wider Planet .
2.1Forwarding events & revenue to Wider Planet
You can also choose to transmit in-app events to Wider Planet. Each in-app event can be activated separately, so as to give you complete control of the data that you're sharing with your partners.
- Open the Wider Planet panel in your app settings.
- Select Event Linking and enter a name for each event you want to transmit to Wider Planet. This is the name that will be shown in their interface. You can use the same names as you do in adjust, if you wish.
If you want to transmit all events to Wider Planet with the same names as you have set up in adjust, you can hit the "Fill all with event names" button.
You also have the option use the same name for multiple events. If you do decide on doing this, it will result in those events displaying as a single event type in the Wider Planet interface.
- If you also want to send associated revenues to Wider Planet, you can activate Revenue Forwarding by flicking the corresponding switch above to "ON". To forward revenues, you have to activate event forwarding for at least one of your revenue events.
- As soon as you save these updated settings, adjust will start transmitting the in-app events that you have configured.
2.2List of parameters transmitted to Wider Planet
Wider Planet require certain parameters to be passed to them via their module. When you activate their module, the following parameters will be automatically transmitted.
- App metadata
- Revenue data (if you activate it)
- Raw device IDs
- Click referrer
- Tracking Enabled flag
- Device model
- User agents